View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012 
Project Free Fall Developer

Post Re: Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012
It'll just fly back. For peeps that feel adventurous, they'll be able to shoot the projectile with the intent of using the return behavior to hit a target just as much as the initial behavior.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 pm

It'd be interesting to have it as the latter, especially if the damage done during return was greater than the damage on the flight away from the player.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Could be interesting for the damage to be greater on the return. I don't plan for a damage increase at the outset because of the planned return behavior, but it is something to look into.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 am

Sweet net vid. So glad things are coming along and of course you know Ill be there for testing.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:45 am

So, for the most recent spooling behaviour, I'm interpreting that as "Pressing lateral jets button or upward jets button causes jets to cancel gravitational acceleration (not speed)". Is that right?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Not quite. Lateral jets are just lateral jets. When upjetting now, the thrust output starts at offsetting gravity then builds to full output. Before, thrust output would start at zero and build to full.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:52 pm

A low amount of air control? It looked like quite a bit of air control to me. Might want to bump it down a lot lower (although another guess is that you're already on that).

Anyways, if you are seriously considering balance i think the best thing to do at this point is to nerf control or airshots with anything slower than the railgun could be impossible. I don't think people would mind if the indoor speed was low to balance the other features.

but thats just my opinion

Sun May 05, 2013 4:16 am

It's quite low, adding to matters it falls off at a squared rate. Air control itself is barely noticeable after ~65-70 kph(runspeed +20 kph). The lateral jets, however, are quite strong. I too have a feeling that players will be able to dodge well but only with a good supply of energy; the amount of control I've been showing is really a best case scenario. With players shooting at each other I doubt it will be feasible to maintain the control I've been showing in the latest videos. If you watch my energy levels, I really do need most all of my energy to pull off the runs I've been doing; a single shot that applies a good amount of impulse would likely force me to choose a longer route.

Put short, I agree that there could be some issues with the current balance, but this is a good starting point. Weapon balance and such really can only happen after the net code allows for actual matches.

Sun May 05, 2013 6:12 am

Apparently the game doesn't like joysticks. Had mine connected and took me a while to realize why my character was turning left at like 180*/s. Odd, considering how nothing on the device itself controlled that axis, just every other axis there was available.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:27 pm

That's not completely surprising. I haven't messed around with a controller yet in PFF.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next