View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Jetpack Energy 

Post Jetpack Energy
I was wondering how do I increase the jetpack energy
And remove Skiing

Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Post Re: Jetpack Energy
hey, although the very notion of removing skiing is the greatest blasphemy I can imagine and I'd enjoy staking and burning you... I'm sure Ignorance will help you out with this once he gets back - which should be somewhere in the next two weeks.

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 pm

another question is how to really change the controls?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:13 am

the whole game is about skiing so you can't remove it , it's like removing beer from a bar

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:17 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

You can remove skiing by changing some bool variables in the FFPawn class.

Code:
bCanSki=false
  bCanOverspeed=true
  bCanOverspeedSki=true
  bCanOnlyLateralJet=true
  bCanJetCancelGravityMode=false

These are the current movement flag variables. Overspeed refers to the current ski method, set both overspeed variables to false if you want to completely disable skiing. If you only want to disable player initiated skiing and still passive sliding, just set false bCanOverspeedSki.

Jetpack energy can be manipulated in a few ways, all found in FFPawn. First, everything pulls from a common energy pool at the moment, simply upping the energy pool will increase jet energy. Second, you could alter the buildup and dissipation rates(the recommended method). For free fall I've setup energy like heat buildup and dissipation; jets build up "heat" and the pack dissipates; both happen at the same time.
Code:
//= Engergy Variables ===========================
  fMaxAccumHeat=1300.0
  fMinAccumHeat=0.0
  fHeatDissipationRate=286.0

//= Jetpack Energy ============================
  fJetpackHeatAccumEfficiency=1.0
  fJetpackHeatAccumPerSecond=572.0
  fMaxJetAccumHeat=1000.0

fHeatDissipationRate is the passive energy dissipation rate.
fJetpackHeatAccumPerSecond is the buildup rate.
Combine the two to get the actual accumulation rate; fJetpackHeatAccumPerSecond - fHeatDissipationRate = Actual Accumulation Rate; in this case 286 per second.
fMaxJetAccumHeat is the upper limit for jet "heat" accumulation and dividing it by the Actual Accumulation Rate will give you the burn time; 1000 / 286 = ~3.5 seconds burn.
Upping fMaxJetAccumHeat will allow for longer burns until it's larger than fMaxAccumHeat.
fMaxAccumHeat is the global energy cap for the player.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:46 pm

Sweet thanks

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm

The port to Unity makes this pretty easy. Go to the Hierarchy, find Player, expand it and select Physics. Then under Inspector expand Free Fall Controller (Script)

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]