View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Talking about jetpacks... 

Post Re: Talking about jetpacks...
A lot of fog could still work decently in a water filled map, if you experiment with it. Maybe attach a lot of bright lighting to the base and some sort of lighting to the players (and their jetpacks, which could leave visible traces in the water that you can make out even if you don't see the player itself) so you could see them as a blurry bright dot from afar. It could be rather atmospheric if done right.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

Well, the other reason why I think underwater fog should vary is because the environment could be quite great to look at. In general, I don't like fog because it hides the map. I'm sure plenty of mappers will make extensive use of fog, but I personally will probably never use much fog outside of specific areas. Also, I'm currently working out an way for any mappers to make amazing skyboxes, would be a shame to hide them if things work out.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 pm

well this is silly but will i have the chance to use my hoverboard inside a whirlpool/maelstrom? Or a kamikaze torpedo-like vehicle (lol)...

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Torpedo vehicle is entirely within the realm of possibility. The whirlpool is limited more by how much the engine cam be stretched; for instance I'd like to have waves for skiing on water, but I'm not sure if UE3 can really do the idea justice.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 am

I can imagine myself opening holes through waves and dive. Hype.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 am

That would be cool as hell to blow holes in waves.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:36 am

it'd be a first in videogames...probably

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Probably would be, but I think it would require that everyone run DX11 video cards.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:18 pm

about water again....did you know about Salar de Uyuni? I don't know if such thing will be useful to you at all, but you can combine dried and water surfaces with dunes or whatever in a white/mirror themed map. Thought it may look cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salar_de_Uyuni

https://www.google.it/search?q=Salar+de ... tQbzyIHADA

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm

If we'd ever get functional water in, there'd be a humongous amount of different water formations we could try and experiment with, even if we just stick to replicating real life examples at first. It all just depends on what kind of behavior the water has though.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next