View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Talking about jetpacks... 

Post Talking about jetpacks...
this one is pretty awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... 3YtiQ&NR=1

wouldn't complain about swimming implementation in pff, though it's never going to happen

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 am
Project Free Fall Developer

Post Re: Talking about jetpacks...
There will be water physics for PFF. As for the jetpack, it's neat. I've seen that around for a while. Could be neat to have a different trail effect come off players as they jet out of water.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

for real? Awesome

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Fo Real Son

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Is that a hint to underwater maps?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am

yep..

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 pm

i'll believe it when i see it:P my mind can't stand the idea of such a good game after years of lame fps's

Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Well, one map idea I've had for a long time involves sunken bases. The bases might be sunk such that there could be one surface entrance, and another underwater entrance. In my mind the map would consist of a shallow coral reef, with lots of small islands. Another idea for the map has the surface entrance tied to the state of the flag; if the flag is removed from the stand, maybe the surface entrance begins to slowly submerge; if the capper took too long getting out, it would be harder to cap.

I'm still not 100% on how I'd like to see underwater control, but players will be able to skim along the surface.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Ignorance wrote:
I'm still not 100% on how I'd like to see underwater control, but players will be able to skim along the surface.

If you're going fast and hit the water almost horizontally, you bounce like a flat rock thrown in the water. The steeper the angle, the more speed you lose, and the more health you lose. On slower speeds, the surface tension isn't as strong and you can enter the water without much bouncing from the surface, and losing less health. Underwater, gravity is much lower, but you have a lot of friction trying to go in any direction, making keeping speed almost impossible. The fog underwater is very very strong, allowing for only a couple of dozen meters of visibility.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Typical game water...

It works, but I'm not a fan of very much fog. Depending on the map, intense fog under water can make sense, but if the water is a main focus of the map, it might be better to have weak fog so that players can engage in underwater battles.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next