View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Hex Base 

Post Re: Hex Base
yankee wrote:
Imo 13k polys isn't way too much if you dont have a lot of them (as you have in your nexus example).
IIRC current gen polycount for vehicles/player models is around 10k-13k as well.

Edit: Another point might be that the collision stuff could have an impact on performance.

You're right on both accounts, 13k is reasonable but we have to consider using it as a collision model aswell; I would much rather have the code optimized to be "lenient" on less smooth surfaces than requiring excessively smooth surfaces.

I've fixed the base (it had some really odd problems :shock: ), it is now 4200 polys which to me sounds reasonable (and has a lot of room for optimization, so imagine in the neighborhood of 3k)

DL link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kc7104armw4u06i

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:29 am

Post Re: Hex Base
a quick comment about the collision problem!! for the big 3d object the collision can be made in 3dmax before its imported in udk and it will fix the object perfectly. in 3dmax make a copy of it and leave it overlapping the other one then name the copy UCX_then what ever name u like exampe would be UCX_wall then export both together as an ASE. then in udk it should automatically have collision if that doesnt work then u'll have to try something else. let me know if this helps, ps need a 3d modeller or level designer let me know lol. cool game.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3