View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 games you are playing/ looking forward to 

Post Re: games you are playing/ looking forward to
my homeworld 3.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mos ... f=category

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 pm

just another vid....i like descent-like games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Turn0Utj ... el&list=UL

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

I do believe it's time to hunt some Hawken Devs down...

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm

haven't tried the game. What went wrong?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 pm

I actually just was going to give it a go tonight or tomorrow. Mainly out of interest to see if they changed anything from their original plans, which seemed less than ideal for the player. So yeah, what's wrong?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

Ah, no I wasn't implying that there was anything wrong with the game(there are a few things). They posted that the devs will be playing today from noon to ~5pm PST. Thought I would hunt down some devs in game.

As for what's wrong with Hawken, putting aside a lack of weapons(which is likely just a result of being in alpha state), the movement system has far too many full stop pauses. The pauses are meant to simulate the mech landing and finding it's balance, but the mechanic is so often used that it interferes with dueling quite a bit. Speaking of dueling, I feel that Hawken has massive potential for it, but it also has massive potential to completely destroy it. The free to play model that the Hawken devs seem to be going with is very similar to the T:A model, and, like T:A, the f2p will likely kill any real competitive gameplay. My main hope is that they segregate gametypes by their allowing all f2p content in some, and allowing only the base content in others. A restricted dueling mode could play really well.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Short overgrowth comic. Will be updated after some time
http://www.wolfire.com/comic#1

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm

i had my hopes up for hawken in the beginning but lost alot of interest in it lately due to them revealing the F2P and whatever comes along with it.

i also get the impression now that the movement of the mech isnt 100% reactive to your own movements(simulation of mechanics...), wich makes this
even worse imo.

i hope the f2p-"bubble" pops soon...

Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Quote:
had my hopes up for hawken in the beginning but lost alot of interest in it lately due to them revealing the F2P and whatever comes along with it.

i also get the impression now that the movement of the mech isnt 100% reactive to your own movements(simulation of mechanics...), wich makes this
even worse imo.

i hope the f2p-"bubble" pops soon...

well i supported f2p's for quite some time 'til gunz 2 came out. It's just a matter of what model is going to be used in a X game because there isn't a definite one yet.
Things are different from place to place....in china, korea, india and russia f2p games feature surveys (which have been implemented in every f2p between 2008 and 2009) available to everyone to help poor people getting free expendable points for different reasons (one of them are the so called new tyrants aka rich chinese people maxing everything using their money to show off). That's basically why f2p games got popular after maple story micro transactions. Plus their gaming industries are mostly set online and live up to hardcore gamers.

Speaking for myself i only supported oriental online games because of their third person arena tradition. They even turn old first person games to third person without working properly on the gameplay. Twitching shooters like Gunz are far more exciting than first person shooters to them, and i agree to a certain extent

Last edited by Wenz on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 pm

btw, someone told me Dishonored came out today on consoles...

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next