View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 DX 

Post Re: DX
Ignorance wrote:
Has HR mentioned that they were working on DX? Or is it just amusingly coincidental that you've been working on a DX clone while they have?

They've been working on DX and the information has been out for a couple of weeks now (at least to the point where it's certain that it'll happen), or something like that. The patch that puts DX out as a "beta stage" map on custom servers is supposed to be released tomorrow. Along with a few new maps, game modes, and a billion changes that will once again break the game.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 pm

First time I read about it was when I already had the terrain done in UDK. It's more of a practice lesson for me anyway since T:A obviously won't have mod support and you can't use it for something else because they own the Tribes franchise. However, in my opinion it's still quite interesting because you're somewhat familiar with the map and feel so it should be easier to form an opinion about things.

@T:A DX,
tbh I'm not too impressed by the first glimpse on it. At least the base looks quite simple and I really thought they'd add a lot more nicely detailled custom meshes.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:05 pm

I think that'll come when it goes out of beta. They're probably not spending too much time on it before it's play-tested I guess.

22:56:51 <@Arcadizz1e> when the mayans wrote about 2012 being the end
22:56:54 <@Arcadizz1e> they meant for tribes

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile WWW

We will see what the most likely outcome is when stonehenge gets released tomorrow. If they've improved it since its beta, DX will also likely be better than it is currently. If not, then DX will also likely not be.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Tried some stuff with shaders yesterday evening.
Looks quite cool in my opinion, even though it's just a texture with some effects.

http://de.twitch.tv/o9kyankee/b/326130299

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 am
Project Free Fall Developer

As cool as that is, the first thought that crossed my mind is that TF2 and Tribes have come together on DX(goes off and storyboards the idea).

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2