View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 An update about me 

Post An update about me
It's just me checking in after a while of playing other games. Did you guys know I had gotten permanently banned from the HiRez forums a (couple of? can't remember) day(s) before Tribes: Ascend was officially released? Yep. I was posting about inheritance as usual and (oddly) someone who agrees with me but gave up on the issue told me to stop posting about it. This prompted me to point out that I can if I choose to, and mentioned that I hadn't played that game in over a week by then which felt very freeing (my VIP boost had finally ended). Shortly after, I got permanently IP banned by HiRezDuke with a message similar to "Helping you to be free." That thread was deleted, and oddly it doesn't say in my profile (when looking at the board when logged out) that I was banned. That seems rather sneaky to me on their part. Out of curiosity I tried and was still able to log into the game itself, but uninstalled anyway and swore off HiRez permanently. Since then I've finished 3 games that I bought but hadn't played all the way through yet. :)

Fri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Post Re: An update about me
got bored by t:a quite fast, might as well uninstall it.

Fri May 25, 2012 7:46 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

I uninstalled a week or so before release, it was a good feeling. Haven't been back to the forums either; it became clear that the forums exist for fanboys, not debates. Too bad that you got banned. HiRezDuke reached ropes end a couple months ago, so it's not surprising that he did ban you. HiRez views dissent as being toxic rather than being a sign that a problem exists and needs to be addressed, and purges or alienates dissenters rather than engaging in discussion; HiRez prefers monologue, not dialogue. /decline of competitive gaming

@Romper: I got bored of T:A pretty quickly too. I mainly stuck around because I hoped that the community could steer HiRez in the right direction enough to make the game worth while. What's annoying is that I don't really have an FPS to play at the moment. I might go back to TF2 or Quake Live, but Starcraft 2 has been pretty fun.

Anyhow, enjoy your new found free time TripWire; I certainly did once I hopped of the forums(Project Free Fall is the result).

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Sat May 26, 2012 1:49 am

Ignorance wrote:
@Romper: I got bored of T:A pretty quickly too. I mainly stuck around because I hoped that the community could steer HiRez in the right direction enough to make the game worth while. What's annoying is that I don't really have an FPS to play at the moment. I might go back to TF2 or Quake Live, but Starcraft 2 has been pretty fun.

aint got any FPS to play either so ill just randomly play something for a few hours or untill i ger bored.

Ive noticed that todays games cant really please me, might be becuase i value my time more and have to use it for important stuff.
or they simply started to make bad games... ?

am i getting old? :.(

Sun May 27, 2012 12:33 pm

With regards to FPS games, the dev community has definitely dropped the ball. The success of Call of Duty has pretty much killed all the arcade shooters; everyone has been trying to make money off IW's success. Like all the wow clones that spawned, FPS gaming, as a whole, has turned into a bunch of MilSims. Heavy focus on consoles, which can't support keyboard and mouse along with controllers(because it's not fair), also hasn't helped arcade shooter development.

You probably do value your time more now, but not finding many enjoyable games is most likely not a result of being old; it's a common sentiment held by most of my FPS friends.

Would be nice for a good multiplayer PC FPS to come out; maybe Unreal 4 or Half Life 3 will have good multi(or MS could start releasing Halo for PC again), or maybe PFF Base will finish and be awesome.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sun May 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Quit T:A like 4 months ago? maybe more.

Pretty trash pay to win game but hey, was fairly entertaining up to early jan.
I really like the casualized skiing there, too bad everything is broken by design due to cash shop.

CoD4 was a fairly outstanding game btw, one of the fps I played the most, it was just really good.

planetside2, also cash shop, that other game I forgot the name, also cash shop, boring.
The gaming industry is just getting boring and bad, perhaps I got spoiled with the masterpieces of the past (dune II, C&C, descent, commander keen and many many many others).

bleh.

Sun May 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Yea, COD4 was amazing(It stole 2 years of my life). IW was on a roll with COD, COD2 and COD4, but they've since stagnated and completely ruined the series after MW2.

I wouldn't say the gaming industry is boring and bad, but your right when talking about games released by the major publishers(Ubisoft, EA, Activition). Indie developers are still coming out with cool stuff, but, because it's indie, the releases are sparse. Again, the previous comments only apply to multiplayer FPS gaming, RTS games and such have done just fine.

Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 am

If i had the internet for it, id be playing tribes2 :/

Ever tried Ace of spades? lol

thats about it for me for shooters.

T:A is a disappointment for me, but perhaps my expectations ("as good of gameplay as tribes 2, with better graphics, a few new features, and a much better netcode" or "A Really fun game with realistic physics and the freedom to pick my loadouts")
Instead we got.. this...

While i like the new armors in the game, the new weapons stink... Wtf wit a "SMG" ?! that's not tribesy at all!
and the maps aren't very good...

The movement, however... is terrible... we've got uber weak jetpacks, and speed... err... acceleration caps...
LD is totally broken because of this...

etc, why am i typing this, screw that game.

nevertheless, i hope that they meet success, they are better than EA at least.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:00 pm

General_Kerr wrote:
nevertheless, i hope that they meet success, they are better than EA at least.

Heh, EA may be worse than HiRez, but that only mean's HiRez is better than the worst publisher of PC games. I live ~20 minutes from EA's west coast headquarters, being that close to evil makes me want to do something about it from time to time...

Because everyone has been reading this thread(or it seems that everyone has been), I thought I'd let you all know I've worked out another version of skiing; currently it exists on paper, but hopefully it'll be implemented by next weekend(and hopefully it will be awesome for netplay; I'm confident it'll be better than what exists now).

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:16 am

oh yeah something else... usually i like to talk about games with friends and co-workers but nowdays, they only mention the bad games wich were recently released.
I just stay quiet and never tell them anything.. cuase the only thing that will come out of my mouth will be negative bits and pieces :P

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]