View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Ski script? 

Post Ski script?
I'd like to mess around with skiing a bit with UDK, but have no idea what I'm doing. I Google'd a bit and didn't see any ski scripts anywhere. Mind sharing the one in PFF? Or some variant of it?

Alternatively, any time frame for allowing custom maps in PFF? I have a map, just no way to ski on it. :(

Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 am
Project Free Fall Developer

Post Re: Ski script?
I'll try to get a test map working with the current demo. If I can get it to work without having to recook the installer, I'll post the results. If I can't get it to work simply, I'll see about posting something you can use for testing. Should get back to you before tomorrows end.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Tue May 22, 2012 1:53 am

Working on getting a test map working right now. Hopefully it'll go off without a hitch and I'll make a quick vid demonstrating how to...

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Wed May 23, 2012 3:41 am

So, the simple copy and paste didn't work, but I've managed to put together a source release that works and isn't too hard to get working. It's too late for me to record a "How To" vid, but I'll see about getting one sometime tomorrow.

Something to note: this is will be a full source release. The included code is pretty well noted, but I would only use it for reference at this point. Do not build off the existing code base and expect the resulting code to port smoothly to subsequent releases. A fair bit of the fundamental code is going to be rewritten once online skiing is smoothed out; specifically the code related to replication will be rewritten completely. Once released, if anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them; no promises though, sometimes simple questions have very complex answers.

Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 am

How to video made, zip put together, all that's left is to upload everything. It's a bit late so the links probably won't be posted for another ~8 hours(aka the morning).

Thu May 24, 2012 6:11 am

video and related files uploaded...

Project Free Fall: How to Source Install Youtube Video

PFF UDK Source 2012 05 22.zip

too sleepy to fill in the details...for now you should be able to get your own pff udk build working after watching the vid...

Thu May 24, 2012 6:57 am

Thu May 24, 2012 8:22 am

Ok, so the version of UDK I recommend you use is...

UDKInstall-2012-01-BETA.exe

I'm putting up another download page that will be dedicated to the who/what/where/when/how to install the source.

[Edit]Source Files page is up. Creating a new subforum specifically for source related posts.[/Edit]

Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 am

You ever get the source files to work with UDK?

Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 am

Will try once I get some free time, looks like it'll still be a wee bit above my head though :?

Sun May 27, 2012 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next