View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Kickstarter Reward Ideas 

Post Re: Kickstarter Reward Ideas
Ignorance wrote:
Contacts and getting the word out are the toughest part of any kickstarter campaign. The campaigns that do well tend to chose when to start carefully, normally when some gaming events are about to go down, so that they can maximize views. Kickstarter campaigns also tend to do well when games have a playable demo, or a very compelling video(or videos). Setting the lowest goal possible also helps. Kickstarter posts quite a bit of data related to successful campaigns, and those that get funded tend to get overfunded quite a bit.

If and when the kickstarter happens, I'll be working with as many people from the community as possible. Luckly, some prominent casters have already shown interest in promoting PFF once it's out of the tech demo stage.

Have you considered making PFF or a demo of it (playable multi, ok netcode), part of one of the humble indy bundles? They're an established gaming pack and it would probably help with funding/getting the word out.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 am

Humble indie bundle is usually not for new games, and usually for what you might call a bit more singleplayer based games. It's usually a way to get it out even more and get some more money out of it once the game is a bit older and probably won't sell too well anymore without including itself in a bundle like the humble bundle.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah, I think so, too. I don't think there was ever a alpha/beta version of a game in the indie bundle. Furthermore, I think they that all the games have cross-platform compatibility.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3