View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012 

Post Re: Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012
Installed and played around with it. Is it just my installation or have lateral jets disappeared? Nothing I do activates them.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

They're in. Middle mouse should activate lateral jets.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm

How is the net code coming along?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:53 pm

At the moment, nothing has been going on. I came down with the flu in a bad way on last Friday, and am only now feeling a bit better. The code is coming along still though. Really can't say when it will be done due to a bit of multitasking that's being done at the moment. Once it's out it's out?

Other news is that I'm planning to implement a new boomerang weapon along with a homing missile launcher that's similar to the T:V rocket pod. New ski code might be in as well, so maybe better skiing soon?

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Never played T:V, what's the homing mechanism like? Hopefully not anywhere near as game breaking as the one they put in T:A. (Which was game breaking for newbies, and a constant annoyance for others ruining the game in some matches)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:19 am

The T:V homing was actually wire guidance, my homing is being designed to be dodged(and automatic-ish). Interestingly, the boomerang and missile launcher will both use homing systems; the missiles will have active homing while the boomerang will have projected homing. Neither weapon is planned for long range combat, and both are being designed with reaction in mind. Both weapons are coming from a theory of fun I've had for a while relating to homing systems: homing weapons are only fun when the shooter has to be skillful and the target has to be dexterous. If the homing system is too good, individual shots become too powerful and reliable; targets feel powerless and shooters get board(or troll). If the homing systems have obvious flaws, a game between shooters and targets is created; the shooters look for angles that will increase the odds of a landed shot and targets look for ways to use the environment to gain advantage over flaws in a homing system.

So simply put, no the systems should not be game breaking or annoying. If anything they should both require quite a bit of creativity and should feel less obtuse(no target lock nonsense).

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:03 am

the rocket-pod and the throwable boomerang had its moments in tribes vengence, i liked them both.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 pm

There was a boomerang in T:V? I must see this...

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Just took a look at the buckler; reminds me of the Zelda boomerang. The boomerang I've been working on is different in that it's flight is more like a boomerang. I plan for it to return to sender if the projectile misses and it will likely have 100% inheritance. In my head I'm thinking the boomerang will work well to break up a target's intended path.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm

will this "return function" be a teleport from where the boomerang ended up after missing, or will it fly back to the player beeing able to inflict damage to anyone crossing its path?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next