View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012 
Project Free Fall Developer

Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012
Thread for replies to recent videos and blog posts.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Post Re: Replies to Blog / Video posts thread October 2012
More controls to worry about now, eh? You might want to put options for keybinds of at least the basic functions of ski, lateral jets, upjet, jump, etc, toggle/hold, combination systems, on your priority list somewhere after the movement tweaking, net code, gfx settings, menus, and server browser (if you're planning on working on that yet) now. You're assigning these functions to what are basically default tribes-esque keybinds, which aren't exactly something everyone will want to use. :)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Yep, one more button. It's nothing particularly new though. A full settings menu with keybinds is on the list, but is likely a ways out. For now, manually editing the keys will be the way to go for players. Once a basic menu is made, I'll be able to better judge the difficulty of creating the planned full menu. If it looks to be a huge undertaking, I'll probably makeup something in visual basic to provide basic functionality(something I might do anyhow for peeps that want access to literally every variable in the config files).

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 pm

People should be able to set things back to something similar to now though (both things binded together), other than that I'd have to try it.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:16 am

Maybe. The changes to stopping, and further planned changes to stopping, will make tying skiing and lateral jetting together be undesirable. We'll have to see how the movement plays out further, but players should be able to get some similar behavior simply through binds.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:52 pm

@koilee

What happens now if you shoot downward?

Also, while it doesn't really seem like a viable choice of weapon over the chakra to me (perhaps because I still don't see a specific use for it over the other weapons), I'd love for it to be added, as I love when games include awkward and impractical weapons, so you can use them to harass someone in game with just how skilled you must be using -that- for a weapon. It's a simple case of humiliation of your opponent. It's exactly why skilled people set up knife-only accounts in COD4 and use the wrong classes for certain tasks in T:A. It adds a layer of freedom and hilarity to the game that wouldn't have been there otherwise, and that is important.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 am

The arc direction depends on where your looking when compared to your velocity. If forward or backwards in line with your velocity, it will arc up if left or right it will arc right or left. It's also worth noting that all UP / Down / Left / Right references are from camera perspective.

So, as you can see, I really can't say what'll happen if you simply shoot down; it could arc left, right, or up depending on your velocity.

As for use, at the moment, its simply an exploration. The behavior really isn't defined and will evolve over time. In the current slow fire / high damage setup, it feels like the weapon will be good for chasing; the projectile can follow players better in some situations and the non-linear approach could probably throw opponents off as to where you are.

I plan to mess around with a fast fire variant as well as tweak the behavior a bit. We'll see how things go, could be lolerskates, could be serious fase.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 am

Project Free Fall 2012 11 03 - 2 Movement Update Quickie [Fixed] update is online and good for download.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:21 am

i dont really like the idea of koilee, i bet its like sniping without a reticle. the reticle is allways on another position than it "use to be".(in different velocity..)
i get the feeling this is alike the inheritance at different veiw-directions, but its not(?) its another stat change that makes it more consistent.

But the idea of arcs are allways cool.

why would i choose this weapon before any other that hit where i aim?
from what i know now, i wouldnt choose this weapon over any other.

depending on at what distance the arc begins(and other stats) this could be an ok short distance weapon, with a cool after effect.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 pm

It's worth repeating, the Koilee is just something I'm toying with. The weapon hardly resembles the idea's I have on paper. The projectile is the focus, I just duct tapped it to the chakram for the time being.

More important than the Koilee is how the new movement feels.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next