View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Basic movement in Unity 
Project Free Fall Developer

Post Basic movement in Unity
Movement is now in a working state; ski, jump, jet, walk. No math has been ported yet, only functionality. Math and carving are next on the porting list. Testing for the short term is going to be exploratory as I don't know what if any limitations could require special attention. Good news is that, aside from general awkwardness from switching dev environments, I've yet to run into any issues. Unity is looking like a good choice for the intended movement of Project Free Fall.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Post Re: Basic movement in Unity
Very good to hear. Looking forward to testing out the movement once a public build goes up.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 pm

I miss Tribes.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 am

Nice! So the bug with the jetpacks not responding sometimes no longer exists I assume.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:13 am

I can't say for sure due to lack of testing, but it shouldn't, no. That was likely a UDK specific bug.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 am

I'd say the gravity is just a tad too weak. Image

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Yea, welcome to the moon. I made a point to make everything different since this is just a functional build.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:15 pm

I think I recall you talking about getting with SmoothP(Legacy) and seeing how he implemented some stuff, namely networking. He's currently about to submit some of his code to the Unity store, which might interest you. Not sure if it includes his networking stuff though.

https://www.smooth-games.com/forums/index.php

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm planning to talk with him about unity. Heard about him submitting some work to the unity store. How useful they are will depend on source code access. Registered for his forum, will keep tabs on progress.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:02 am

Is it at all possible to adjust the player FOV in the editor?

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next