View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Sound Designer ready for help 

Post Sound Designer ready for help
Hi guys. I'm Morkh and i've been playing Tribes Ascend for a long time now.

Im an aspiring sound designer for video games and Im more than willing to help any of you guys if you need any custom sound/music for your mods. I know how to work with UDK if you need it.

Here you can hear a bit of my stuff :
http://marclalibertesound.blogspot.ca/

let me know guys!

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Post Re: Sound Designer ready for help
I Like the sound of your stuff :)

(I'm not involved in development, though)

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 am

Hey man,

Ignorance is the main dev and he's done most of the sounds we've used in UDK. But I would love to have a dedicated sound designer around, I also definitely have a sound direction in mind and can maybe provide inspiration for a track or two considering I'm in the process of putting down a style guide and a bit of lore to bring it all together.

In terms of style we're the polar opposite of Legacy afaik. We're not going for the 'happy fluffy jumpy' thing. Certainly not humourless but definitely a dark undertone.

The scope of the lore is such that basically anything goes, the backstory is there for filler and general direction more than anything else.

It can shallowly be summarised as a mashup of Quake, Mortal Kombat and UT. So a demonic hiss from a weapon here and there is always appreciated.

I'm trying to scramble together a styleguide and general design document, in the meantime I'll PM you skype details etc..

Me and Ignorance can provide you with some work to do, but it might be a little over a month before it gets implemented as we're currently switching engines. This does mean that we'll need sounds for all kinds of things. But if you're scrambling for a portfolio things might take a while longer :)

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:58 am

As a level designer the first sounds I would want is ambient ones. Exotic sounding bird, frog, and insect calls to be looped. Things that are similar to earth animal sounds but not identical. I wouldn't want to recognize a specific bird for example as it might take away from the alien atmosphere. Wind sounds, water sounds etc. The original Unreal had a ton of great ambient sounds and the bird calls in Tribes 2 were some of my favorites also.

Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Sounds good! Just give a support!

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 am

Exotic sounding bird, frog, and insect calls to be looped.
คาสิโนออนไลน์ มือถือ

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]