View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 New Users Require Admin Authorization Before Activated 
Project Free Fall Developer

New Users Require Admin Authorization Before Activated
Temporary measure to deal with ze russians.

Will be coming up with a fix, but for the mean time, expect new user registration to take a bit longer.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Post Re: New Users Require Admin Authorization Before Activated
Yeah, I reported a few of them lastnight. Not sure how many more got through since I went to bed shortly after.

How's development coming along?

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:10 pm

For most of the month, getting any development has been difficult. Been working on a few side projects, and a couple look to be viable ways to pull in some money(finally catching a break). Confident that I'll have at least an update on the state of the ski code(if not outright improvements, have a few ideas that could help out) out within the next month. If not this month, then fresh after new years I'll have an update on finances and some plans to pull in some project revenue(some involves a CNC/3d printer, some arts and crafts, and some tea).

Pretty much have had a sketch month with friends going through a bunch of ideas that were had during the month we we're gone. Adding to matters, we still haven't been completely paid(which is why there hasn't been a cool building the CNC timelapse video yet).

Back to development though, Greth has been more active likely. We've talked about doing some "specuations" podcasts and seem to be in agreement that it would be good to explore. Don't know when we'll get to the podcasts idea, but I imagine that when we do we'll do a few.

How's FPSZ going along?(lawl, while typing I'm seeing the spammer making new accounts....really will have to address this something like tomorrow I guess).

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 am

Sucks to hear you aren't getting paid. Hopefully things get sorted out and PFF can pick up some steam again.

FPSZ is going...slowly. It's dependent on other projects and their development status, none of which are either very active or forthcoming at the moment. Legacy has been at a standstill for about a month, though SmoothP is back so hopefully things will pick up. Legions gets small updates every once in a while, mainly core (pack) tweaks or updating the map rotation but is more or less abandonded. Project Z is behind a multitude of closed doors and purposefully not releasing content, even though work is indeed progressing.

The show/podcast is coming along nicely, but again slowly. We have a doc written up that we update maybe once a day with ideas and outlines. Could be cool to combine the two shows, but I'm not sure what you and Greth have in mind for yours.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 am

Congrats on getting into the cnc world. I made a large steel cnc router and it kicks ass. Im making 18" aluminum wheels for a motorcycle project on mine and I could not be happier. I find it way easier to make/model real parts/assemblies within a thousandth of an inch and hold it in my hand in an hour compared to making virtual content for games. So frustrating dealing with software with the virtual content.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:49 am

If you need anyone to get inside info for Project Z the lead dev lives ~15 miles away from me(probably going to meetup with him once skiing gets sorted).

What Greth and I have been talking about is some podcasts where we explore the backlog of ideas; aside from the forums, I quite literally have stacks of papers detailing free fall and derivative game ideas, would be nice to get them out in the open.

Could be interesting to put together some combo casts.

@GTWgOOse
Yea the power of a CNC is pretty awesome. I've been tracking the progress of 3D printing for quite some time and have wanted to dive in. So much potential for income; especially since I have a ton of other tools and a decent welder. Probably will fabricate some race additions for my miata first though, to be honest.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:02 am

I've also been meaning to get active and continue the work I started, but getting paid has also been an issue for me. Looking into designing T-shirts for extra cash through sites like CafePress.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:14 pm

...So far none of the spam filters have been working...

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Thinking the bot wasn't too good at astrophysics. Problem solved, for now...

Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]