View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Wild Ideas 

Post Re: Wild Ideas
Basically what seem to be collectible cards affecting a whole team with something. Permanent cloaking for everyone in the ghost squad case. I called them mutators but buffs should be the proper term since they seem to affect only 1 team. I only watched a video so i'm not really sure this is how things are but i've read about consistency issues.
Ultimately, i was entering the field of what small bits of cosmetics or game a free and casual user from a f2p game is willing to collect. Browsing tf2 wiki...

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:24 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

Sounds like it could be interesting as a gametype.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi guys, been a while..

I've been playing Titanfall since gold release, those things are called "Burn Cards" and they are basically a consumable that gives you a temporary buff which lasts until you die (does not apply to your team). You earn them by completing various challenges during a match, and you have 3 slots to equip them in between matches.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:45 pm

I hate burn cards with a passion. Their functionality can easily be implemented as cores / packs. A flat damage bonus on a specific weapon however ... Is very unlikely.

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 pm

I've been playing CloudBuilt instead. It's Yume Nikki with time trial platforming to replace exploring. It's cheap enough for a speedrun defrag thing.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:12 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

Couldbuilt looks bad ass. Looks like it might be the cure for my desire to play Vanquish from time to time.

Burn cards are interesting in Titanfall. With the dev's having a history of cheese loving, I think the shift to cards is a good one(and is much better than perks).

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Dayum S ranks.:D

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm leaving 20+ game design concepts and balance lessons by Ian Schreiber for those like me who are strangers to the subject and just lurk around. I think his textbook is needed for fps arena design but it seems like a decent overview to me. Definitely less tiring than say, openculture's audios and sckchui's architecture tours.
http://gamedesignconcepts.wordpress.com ... is-a-game/

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:25 am

I don't like burn cards either, stupid gimmick. All of the effects are passive, they are essentially a 3rd armor kit that can buff either your pilot or titan. They'd be better implemented as power-ups that drop in game.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 pm

So, wild ideas. Do you want to talk about the creeps you keep in your garbage bin?

Thu May 15, 2014 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next