View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Welcome to the Project FreeFall forums! 

Post Re: Welcome to the Project FreeFall forums!
Finally back on my laptop after 3 weeks of not really being able to visit my regular websites. Watched the last 2 updates. Looks good! I tried playing on the server earlier but it was a bit too laggy (playing from East coast).

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 am
Project Free Fall Developer

Yea, players from the east coast have been reporting different results; some play smoothly with a bit of lag, but others play like they have 20% PL. I probably don't have the best routing to most of the east coast. What's odd is that someone was playing from New Zealand/Australia just fine...

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:17 am

Add me to the list of people who think this is an excellent project.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks. Development will accelerate again once the net code is updated( which I'm working on fixing by the end of this month, Easter play date maybe? ). A 24/7 server, gravity volumes, new weapons, weapon balance, and a new game mode are on the to do list once the net code is put right.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:03 am

Nice looking forward to all of that.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi there.

I was on the admin/web team at spinfusor.org along side jonnithejuicyj and the .wai guys before T:A went to shit.
I also helped Greth out a bit with sandboxclan.net.

I was playing some T:A last night when Greth joined the match. He told me about this project so here I am.
Now that I'm here I do vaguely remember it from mid 2012.

Anyway. I'll be watching with interest.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:07 pm

OminousPenguin wrote:
Hi there.

I was on the admin/web team at spinfusor.org along side jonnithejuicyj and the .wai guys before T:A went to shit.
I also helped Greth out a bit with sandboxclan.net.

I was playing some T:A last night when Greth joined the match. He told me about this project so here I am.
Now that I'm here I do vaguely remember it from mid 2012.

Anyway. I'll be watching with interest.

Hey dude :)

We'll have things to show soon™

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Cool to have you around. Watchers are always welcome. As Greth mentioned we'll start having stuff to show again soon.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:26 am

Yeah sorry I'll probably just be a watcher.
My 3D experience is limited to a bit of openGL in a sub-module of my software engineering degree.

I've had a look around the forum and can't find anything about contributions beyond this
Administrator wrote:
Direct any talent contribution interest to Ignorance, the project developer.

I'd be interested in contributing my programming skills if that's a possibility.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Most certainly will be a possibility. Once done porting player controller math I plan to put up a desired functionality thread in the source forums. Lack of 3d probably won't be much an issue. There is plenty to be done that is simple game logic and 3D programming for games can be picked up pretty quickly(mostly is vector math).

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next