View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Current Weapon Model Thread - WIP 

Post Current Weapon Model Thread - WIP
This is a collection of Weapon Models currently being worked on. Progress will be updated when new stuff is available.

Current list of weapons:

'Chaingun' - Courtesy of Voidspawn

'Garand' - Courtesy of Yankee

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Last edited by Greth on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Post Re: Current Weapon Model Thread - WIP
Since Greth seems to have forgotten to mention it, the Garand is the work of Yankee who kindly volunteered to do a few assets for us.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Voidspawn wrote:
Since Greth seems to have forgotten to mention it, the Garand is the work of Yankee who kindly volunteered to do a few assets for us.

Apologies. Added artist credits.

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:43 pm

The Garand looks fine, but I'm having a hell of a time seeing it in Freefall.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Fixious wrote:
The Garand looks fine, but I'm having a hell of a time seeing it in Freefall.

The way I'm approaching the lore it's perfectly viable. It's built to justify a lot of crazy things - kind of like how Stargate managed to make almost anything work.
The base is standard 'future' scifi. With time dilation light speed and things spanning thousands of years. A mash of any type of culture you can think of. It starts from a 'real world' perspective, so WW2 happened.

Think of this thing as a canon homage to one of humanity's more memorable wars. Eventually this weapon is all that remains of our species. A mangled M1 Garand, a reference lost on everyone safe for a few ancients.

The other weapons can be seen as similar homages, we just happen to recognise the Garand.

That's why I pushed for it to be made, and not just to indulge in a reference to the age of WW2 shooters. No really!
Besides, it's the kind of 'not done' that I think will fit in this project. What else will be the railgun type model? Another overused energy based weapon? Meh ... Kinda tired of those.

That's my personal opinion though. We'll see how it works out.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:41 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

Weirdly I can actually see the garand model get incorporated as something that is vaguely garand like mechanically. Plan to test a delayed beam spawn railgun-esque weapon; player fires, beam does not instantly appear, beam appears momentarily later and is still hitscan once it does appear; strong feeling the delayed beam spawn would create a predictive railgun(which I am a fan of in theory).

Models look badass. Props to Yankee and Voidspawn.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 pm

are you guys taking suggestions for weapons?

Tue May 20, 2014 11:22 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

Suggestions for models or actual weapons? We are taking both, but weapon programming is a bit stalled at the moment(porting to unreal 4). What are your thoughts?

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Wed May 21, 2014 4:06 am

Have a weapon that shoots blue discs. Seems pretty original, imo.

Wed May 21, 2014 6:20 am

Light has pretty rapid fire grenade launcher for chasing flags. Five grenades per clip. Does 75% damage to a light on direct hit.

Medium has a larger bomb lobber that takes longer to reload and must be reloaded after each shot but can kill a light in one hit only with direct hits. Crack the weapon open in the middle and put the single bomb in there. Similar to a thumper but does not explode on impact except at a distance. At first I thought this would be overpowered but the number of times I've been midaired by a thumper is very low even after playing thousands of hours of T:A. Getting midaired with a soldier disk is much more common. I think a lot of people complain about thumper in T:A because it's too versatile. Explode on ground impact and 1-hit kill potential is too strong so bounce is really needed. That seems to be the theme with all of the weapons in the game sadly. Only two weapons so the damage numbers and versatility of all the weapons is jacked up making them overpowered.

A projectile short to mid range sniping weapon that bounces once, twice or not at all depending on distance. A longbow has a very noticeable profile and makes sense with the arcing projectile so could work to quickly show players to be careful.

Thu May 22, 2014 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next