View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Deleted 

Post Re: Voidspawn's PFF Concept Art Doodling
Deleted

Last edited by Voidspawn on Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 am
Project Free Fall Developer

Legendary gimp status.

Looking great. I kinda think that would look cool as hell as a man of fire. Think like a molten man. This is making me think that if/when multiple character models are a thing, it could be very cool to have different spawn animations for each. Just thinking that having a molten man spawn out of a lava fissure. /random late night thoughts

Have jets and walking working in unity, skiing next and I think that'll mean the first unity tech demo?

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:33 am

Ignorance wrote:
Legendary gimp status.

Looking great. I kinda think that would look cool as hell as a man of fire. Think like a molten man. This is making me think that if/when multiple character models are a thing, it could be very cool to have different spawn animations for each. Just thinking that having a molten man spawn out of a lava fissure. /random late night thoughts

Have jets and walking working in unity, skiing next and I think that'll mean the first unity tech demo?

Well, he is 'Meatboy'. A pallet swap might be possible in the long run, but for now he's blood and guts.

I have a feeling he'll be quite popular when he's done :D
also fyi he's supposed to be a heavy skin afaik.

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Last edited by Greth on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Yeh, probably heavy skin. He is fucking bulky for sure. I can definitely see a molten man reskin at some point, shouldn't be massively difficult. Let's just get some initial character models first though, eh? :P

Animations still worry me btw, seeing as I'll probably end up having to do them too

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:03 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

When we get to animations we can look around too. Wouldn't be surprised to see some cheap animations on the unity asset store if we need to get them that way.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:23 pm

I suppose, yeah. Still, it's not like it's some sort of an "unreachable" skillset. I didn't know a thing about 3d modeling 5 months ago. I have access to a lot of tutorials and workshops from paid CG training sites and I've done basic animations in the past, although never 3d characters.

I have a lot of time to learn everything I need to learn. Keeping a lot of things fairly basic will allow me to develop the skills I don't yet have.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Voidspawn on Sun May 25, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Voidspawn on Sun May 25, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 pm

M-make that a thing. I want that to be a thing...

I tried to make a more coherent post detailing how much I like that concept. This is all I came up with:

Greth, much like Lilith, was one of Gods first children. He was subsequently banished from the garden of eden because he kept complaining about the lack of radial symmetry in the heightmap concept of the garden. The placement of the tree of wisdom was also lacking in strategic importance. All historical records featuring Greth, including Bible passages have been expunged since the early 12th century.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Well, there's a few design derps in there now that I look at if after a few hours. However, yes, I will start building it soonish.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next