View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Content by gOOse 

Post Re: Content by gOOse
Thanks guys.
Im really glad you like the terrain variety Ignorance. It really is the crown of that map. Flag placement I agree its cheese, its very preliminary. The whole base is really but you know that.

How many days out are you on updating/uploading?

I want to clean up the missing textures thing.

"Try" some large static rocks that match the rock texture.

Fix the sound loop on the fire loops.

Fancy up the bases: Pipes/lights/beepboop sounds/chutes on upper floors and some trim work. Change the flag position. Maybe convert base to mesh.

Low down dirty cloud panner.

I appreciate you taking a look and Im really glad your diggin it.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am
Project Free Fall Developer

I'll wait till you clean the textures and such for now. But I would like to push something out by the 20th(the second weekend from now).

I had an interesting idea for a cloud panner while playing on the map, use one, or several, low poly landscapes and apply a wispy cloud panner to them. The terrains would have to have their collision completely disabled(simple enough). The nice thing about using a few terrains to simulate clouds is that it will make the clouds look as if they hug the landscape. Starting with the lowest cloud terrain, each would be a bit higher and would likely not follow the terrain as tightly and I think when combined with the fog already on the map, it will look very convincing. But all of this is just an idea...

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy24mgqq9cu2db8/Ashes-2-Ashes.udk
Updated.
Removed test statics with "mypackage" textures. Hope I found them all.
Added some dynamic/volumetric clouds.
Moved flags. Still outside but tighter to the base with obstructions.
Wanted to do more but I am pretty busy right now and I wanted a cleaned up version for the next upload.

We can always come back to it for different gametypes or bare terrain.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Cool cool, grabbing it now.

Don't worry too much about the little things, I think people will like just skiing around on it.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 pm

No package issues, but the fog doesn't seem to work properly unless played though the editor. I'll look into it later, but I think it might have something to do with the skybox, or lack thereof; this gives me an excuse to hop in space engine and find a good temporary skybox.

On another note, hyphens("-") should be avoided in map names; it can cause problems when trying to open the map outside of the editor.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Good to know thanks. Yea I think the name should just be Ashes. I goofed ... the passable oob is missing from that version I just noticed :oops: Do you want me to reup it? You might not notice the clouds they are very subtle. (but I guess you saw them in editor) They are emitters. They might be there but you missed them. They morph/change very slowly. I pulled them from ut content so maybe they are in a different spot in your install? Or not added to the non-udk version of the game?

Change the name.
Try production lighting. (It might mess up the subtle blowing sand work)
Add passable oob. Or I can redo the upload if you want.
The cloud effect on there is pretty cool I think. It blends very well and leaves a horizon feel.

No packet errors ... sweet.

Edit : Oh the fog is not working but the clouds do? Reading yea... I should look into reading comprehension. Crap I guess I was rushing and got some bad saves, Opps. I was trying things with the sky and I probably messed up the fog somehow. Play with it, maybe its an easy fix, if not Ill revert back and do the changes again.
DOH!

I didnt have room for space engine on my hard drive. My comp is kinda lacking atm.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Sorry for the train wreck.

Updated: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aslf6lrvb9amti2/Ashes.udk

Named changed to "Ashes"
Green oob re-entered.
Who knows maybe the fog is fixed on this rename, stranger things have happened.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Your forbidden from adding huge purple planets with twinkly rainbow comets.
It has been forboden. :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:28 am

Talking about the Drydock skybox?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:48 am

Not in particular but yea no nyan cats and rainbow poptarts. I was just joking around and it is entirely your map to do what ever you want.

Lets just say those sky boxes lost the "subtle" touch then threw in some my little pony pink and purple. WTF. I trust youll make the right call. :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13