View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Content by gOOse 

Post Re: Content by gOOse
Ignorance could you elaborate on the spawn problems you were having on the Ashes map? I having been working on getting things cleaned up with the statics, oob's added and general polishing of things but I dont know what might need to be done with the spawns. They work for me. The CTF game all works for me (minus the bots/ai) could it be a ai/spawn problem? Anyway let me know what might need looking at if you could find some time for it.
Ashes has an update coming soon.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 pm
Project Free Fall Developer

I'm not sure the cause, but I was unable to spawn when playing the map. None of the spawns seemed to work. All I had to do was delete and repopulate with new ones for things to work.

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

@Saccaed for updates and randomness...

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 am

Update on Ashes-2-Ashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy24mgqq9cu2db8/Ashes-2-Ashes.udk

I have added the oob grids. One passable green one and one non-passable red one. I used your oob materials and changed the intensity of them and made them visible from further away. I dont know if this was done the way you had in mind but I did what worked. The red one "blocks all" because when I changed it to "block all but weapons" (thats what I wanted) it would snag the character and stick to the wall. Not just a little bit but it was a very hard core "stick to wall". I could make it a trapezoid so your head rides on the wall but.. its like this for now.

Hopefully all the statics are included now.

I used some textures from UT content so I hope those load for everyone.

Added more sounds/lighting.

Spawns work for me I dont know what to do.

Still no sky. I want a low/dirty/stretched cloud multilayer panner. Or low down dirty cloud panner .. :)

Ill grab some screenshots.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

I don't really have the time to be testing all of these at the moment (might try to find some time to fiddle around in it later), but the base looks fantastic. And that 1st picture, that looks amazing. That makes the map look like a real and an ominous place. Good progress.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm

That looks very cool. I'm grabbing the map now for testing. I'll let you know if the spawns work(it probably was a freak thing).

"It's a weird feeling being borderline addicted to gaming and not having anything to play that I can tolerate at the same time." -DejZant

"No longer are you justified saying that an idea in science is not true because it doesn't make sense." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that "MyPackage.udk" is needed because of texture references to it.

The spawns also work.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Oops I forgot about those test meshes around the map with textures in "mypackage" doh. Ill clean that up. I think I want to make some large rocks down in the middle of the map, Ill see how it looks/works.

The fire sound is a bad loop (you can hear the end/start) I need to get that cleaned up too. Also I wish I could get the fire lighting to flicker just a bit, Ill dig into that.

Glad the spawns work now.

The base is not done. The upper floors just have holes in the floor for now and its all very empty. Needs tubes/pipes/trim and stuff but I just wanted to get something out and working in game. Something with a bit more "grit" than test03 with bases that have interiors, oh and of course kick ass terrain.

It still needs aLOT of polish and its very amateur work but it has good points for a newb. Ill keep working on it.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 am

You underestimate your work, this map is awesome. Even if only for the terrain it deserves props.

I'm uploading a video to Youtube at the moment and want to put together another tech demo to allow peeps to play on the map without having to go through the hassle of UDK. If you have anything that you want to change before I upload another release, I'll wait.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Youtube video of the map

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:19 pm

A big map with good terrain, good atmospheric visuals and sounds, and an extensive base? :o The pictures certainly didn't make it seem as extensive as seen in the video. Fantastic job so far. Seeing that video makes me hungry for some matches on it. I'll be waiting and I'll also snatch up the tech demo to play around with at some point.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next